Health & Safety of Our Drivers is Our Top Priority
Our most important job
When it comes to trucking, nothing is more important than safety. That’s why we are always investing in training, equipment and incentives that minimize injuries and accidents. Here are a few examples:
- In-cab safety cameras help drivers monitor what’s going on around them.
- Automatic braking systems keep our trucks at safe following distances.
- Quarterly safety training ensures drivers stay up-to-date on best driving practices.
- An experienced driving coach is available to answer driver questions and provide one-on-one coaching and support.
- Drivers who avoid accidents and incidents receive bonuses and recognition.
Thanks to this and more, our drivers maintain solid safety records, according to statistics from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration and organizations like the Truckload Carriers Association (TCA).
A driver’s overall health plays into safety as well. We work to keep our drivers and all employees healthy through a variety of award-winning programs and services, which are overseen by an in-house health & wellness coordinator. We provide portable exercise equipment, nutritional counseling and meal planning, personal training tips and smoking cessation programs to interested drivers and employees. We also host a free annual health screening for company employees and online support services and incentives that promote healthy lifestyles.
At Halvor, we know our success rests on the people who work for us – so we do our best to take care of them, on the road and off.
How To Become A Driver
OTR Finishing Program
“Halvor’s support gave me the confidence to succeed. I control my own destiny and have taken my career to the next level thanks to their support.”