Refrigerated and Temperature-controlled Trailers
Some of the largest food and beverage distributors in North American trust Halvor Lines with their perishable cargo. We earn that trust by delivering outstanding service and making the on-time deliveries that are key to the industry. Benefits of contracting with Halvor for refrigerated or temperature-controlled shipments include:
- Well-trained drivers. All drivers in this division must undergo food safety training before taking a load – and are required to complete refresher education annually.
- Advanced temperature monitoring. Halvor invests in a temperature tracking and alert system that provides automated status updates on every aspect of a trailer’s operation every five minutes. Equipment failures or exceptions trigger immediate alerts.
- Regular quality checks. Refrigerated trailers undergo a maintenance and equipment check every 90 days at one of our two main terminals.
- Lightweight, high quality, food-grade trailers. Our fleet of modern 53-ft by 102-in spacesaver trailers are designed to maximize shipping space and product weight. They also have air-ride suspension for added protection of loads in transit.
- High on-time delivery rates. Thanks to state-of-the-art dispatching and satellite positioning technology, we can pinpoint your load’s location door-to-door.
If you’re looking for a trusted refrigerated truckload carrier, Contact us for more information or to arrange your next load.
Halvor drivers are dispatched through seven Midwestern terminals in Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, and Indiana. Halvor Lines is headquartered in Superior, WI, close to Lake Superior. You’ll find our main terminal located on the shore of St. Louis Bay.
How To Become A Driver
OTR Finishing Program
“As a new driver, I loved having one specific dispatcher that I worked with…so you have the consistency of working with the same person to help you with all your questions.”