Looking for a rewarding career as a diesel automotive technician? Current openings for our Superior, WI, and Rosemount, MN, shops are listed below.
Technician/Mechanic Job Openings
Halvor Lines Inc. is seeking a full-time Truck and Trailer Technician/Mechanic to join their growing Rosemount, MN facility. Our fleet is currently over 460 power units with more than 480 professional drivers. Halvor Lines prides itself on being family owned and run and realizes our employees are what set us apart from our competitors. Halvor Lines was just recognized by the TCA as a “Top 20” Best Fleets to Drive For carrier for the 6th year in a row.
Join the Halvor family!
Job Purpose: Repairs and maintains electric, diesel, and shop equipment. Repairs and maintains industrial and over the road trucks/tractors and trailers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities for Truck and Trailer Technician/Mechanic:
- Communicates and greets drivers in a professional, friendly manner and encourages drivers to be safe out on the road. Maintains a favorable working relationship with drivers.
- Reads job orders and also observes/listens to equipment in operation to determine malfunction while also planning work procedures.
- Performs vehicle maintenance and repairs as needed/requested.
- Examines protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices on equipment and make adjustments as needed.
- Examines all equipment/tractors/trailers for external leaking of lubricating or cooling systems and properly repair the leak.
- Mounts, dismounts, repairs, and balances tires as needed.
- Performs brake jobs, wheel seals, s-cams, and bushings.
- Repairs and adjusts suspensions.
- Removes, replaces, and adjusts components.
- Performs alignments and annual vehicle inspections.
- Installation of all in cab technology including: satellite tv’s, logging units, dash cams, etc.)
- Installs, troubleshoots, and repairs A/C systems, brake systems, air systems, electrical systems, ABS systems, fuel systems, and mobile communication systems.
- Performs some fabricating, welding (stick, wire feed, braze, solder) cutting (gas, plasma, saws) riveting, and fiberglass repair.
- Performs trailer structural repair, including removal and installing decals.
- Cleans up work area daily.
- Ability to achieve goals set forth by management.
- Attends work consistently and punctually. Requests time off per policy.
- Other duties as needed.
Education &/or Experience for Truck and Trailer Technician/Mechanic:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum of one year prior related experience.
- A degree in Diesel Mechanics or related field can substitute for experience.
- Class D Driver’s License required; Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required for Truck and Trailer Technician/Mechanic:
- Must possess basic math skills.
- Must possess ability to read and write.
- Ability to carry out instructions.
- Ability to work safely and in accordance with all company safety requirements at all times.
- Cab Air Conditioning Certification required (if repairing trucks).
- Forklift Training Certification required (will train individual if certification is not currently held).
Competitive Wage and Benefits!
- Vacation/Personal Time
- Holiday Pay
- Medical/Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401K w/ Company Match
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance Products
- Free Gym Membership!
Job Type: Full-time