Eager to get your CDL but worried about the cost? Looking for free CDL training? You can do even better than that with Halvor's paid CDL training. We'll put you in the driver's seat without putting you into debt.
Effective July 5, we're paying $1,000 a week to trainees enrolled in our CDL training program.
What's more, our CDL training offers smaller class sizes and more time behind the wheel with an instructor than many other programs. Qualify for the program, and you'll be ready to take your CDL exam after just three weeks.
To qualify for Halvor's paid CDL training:
- Meet our hiring requirements (see below)
- Have a valid Class A commercial learner's permit (CLP) - contact us for a list of states we accept
- Commit to driving with Halvor Lines for one year after obtaining your CDL
- Join Halvor Lines as a paid employee on your first day of free CDL training
How the CDL training program works:
Week One - Classroom instruction:
- Review the fundamentals of commercial driving, using leading-edge curriculum based on the U.S. Department of Transportation's 2022 CDL standards
- Learn about Halvor's history and operations, our driver-centered culture, and what it means to "Drive with the Best"
Weeks Two through Four:
- Take what you learn in the classroom and apply it behind the wheel, first on a driving range, then on the road
- Take the wheel with confidence - your trainer will be right there to support you
- Spend a few hours each day behind the wheel, thanks to low instructor-to-student ratios
- Practice backing until you can do it like a pro
- Ask questions - the more the better - and know you're getting answers from someone with years of real-world trucking experience
Qualifying for your CDL:
With your training complete, it's time to obtain your CDL Class A License. As part of our program, we schedule the test and provide the truck for you to drive.
Once you have your CDL permit, you'll be paired with a trainer and fast-tracked through our Halvor Lines Paid OTR Training Program in just three weeks.*
*Finishing Program is five weeks for trainees who have not been through Halvor's CDL training program.
Qualifying candidates must: