Lease Purchase Program for Truck Drivers
Explore Halvor's Lease Purchase Program
Drive under your own power with a great lease purchase program. You get a pre-funded escrow and an 18-month, 150,000-mile warranty on a Volvo VNL 780 that’s been maintained by Halvor Lines technicians. 2017 and 2018 models currently available.
Call (800) 579-2114 today – these won’t last long!
This leasing program is available to current Halvor Lines drivers* and drivers with 1+ years experience who are qualified for hire and open to a 2-year minimum contract. Must have or establish an LLC or Inc. to lease.
*Halvor Gold program participants must complete their contracts prior to leasing.
With Halvor’s lease purchase program, you can lease a truck at lower prices and down payments than you can obtain on your own. And right now, we are offering a special, limited-time leasing program that will help you hit the ground running.
Halvor Lines Lease Purchase Program At-A-Glance
- Volvo VNL780s purchased new by Halvor Lines and maintained by our technicians
- Volvo DD13 engines and IShift transmission in all trucks
- An 18-month, 150,000-mile warranty included with the lease purchase
- A $5,000 pre-funded escrow account
- Lease payments spread over 24 months
- Current Halvor Lines drivers (Halvor Gold participants must complete contract prior to leasing)
- Experienced drivers (1+ years) not currently employed by Halvor Lines who are qualified for hire and would contract with Halvor for at least 2 years
- Must have or establish a limited liability company (LLC) or be incorporated (Inc.) to lease
- Solid earnings – solo owner operators in the top 10% of Halvor’s fleet all earned gross revenues over $200,000 in 2020. The average was $222,500. Team owner operators averaged $316,800 in gross revenue in 2020. The highest-performing team earned over $423,000 in gross revenue.
- Industry-leading pay ($1.24 – $1.34 per mile plus fuel surcharge)
- Percentage pay options for flatbed and refrigerated haul owner operators
- Fuel network discounts/optimized fuel solutions pricing — we doubt you will pay less for fuel anywhere else; Halvor’s, entire discount passed through to you as an owner operator
- Fuel card (fuel is deducted from settlements)
- Discounted tire repair/replacement— our price is your price
- Discounted shop rates at Halvor’s maintenance facilities
- Access to Halvor’s Road Service team
- Discounted rates at repair facilities across the U.S.
- Electronic Logging Devices (ELDs) are provided free of charge
- Tolls paid in full for mileage-based owner operators
- BestPass/Horizons and PrePass provided at no charge
- Fuel tax reporting
- Professional and personal insurance available at group rates
- Optimized fuel solutions
- Van and refrigerated trailers equipped with aerodynamic devices
- Safety bonus
What is a lease purchase truck driver?
Drivers who opt for a lease purchase program have decided to become owner operators — which means they run their own small business. Becoming an owner operator means buying a truck. For many drivers, the most affordable way to do that is through a lease purchase program like the one offered through Halvor Lines.
Are owner operators independent contractors if leased to a company?
Yes. Owner operators are independent contractors who have a contractual relationship with a particular company.
How much can I expect to earn as an owner operator?
Solo owner operators in the top 10% of Halvor’s fleet all earned gross revenues over $260,000 in 2022. The average was $292,000. Team owner operators averaged $378,500 in gross revenue in 2022. The highest performing team earned over $434,000 in gross revenue.
Are the benefits to leasing a truck through a company like Halvor Lines?
Yes. Drivers who use our lease purchase program have access to benefits ranging from fuel and maintenance discounts to access to professional and personal insurance. You’ll find a full list of benefits at the top of this page.
How do I qualify for Halvor’s lease purchase program?
In addition to the driver qualifications listed above, successful lease purchase candidates will complete a credit review process, be approved for credit, and agree to lease purchase payment terms.
Call: 833.579.2114 Email:
How To Become A Driver
OTR Finishing Program
“As a new driver, I loved having one specific dispatcher that I worked with…so you have the consistency of working with the same person to help you with all your questions.”