Ask a Trucking Recruiter
Our trucking recruiters are here to help you make the decision that is right for you. So, ask questions! Below is our A to Z list of top questions our trucking recruiters hear from potential hires. Look it over and come with your own. We’re happy to cover it all.
- Are there truck driver benefits?
- Are there any bonuses for safety, fuel, sign-on, performance, driver referral, etc?
- Are there any job advancement opportunities available?
- Can I have the job offer in writing?
- Do I have to help maintain the trucks?
- Do you offer insurance? What about insurance for family members? Is dental and vision insurance included as part of the package?
- Do you slip-seat?
- How long has the average driver been with the company?
- How many employees does the company have? How many drivers?
- How would you describe the company’s culture? What do your current drivers say about it?
- In which states do you operate?
- Is there an experienced driver who can help show me the ropes?
- Is there forced dispatch?
- What amenities do the trucks come with? Refrigerators? Single or double bunks?
- What are your major lanes?
- What certifications do I need to work for your company?
- What challenges do drivers face every day?
- What does a typical month in the life of a company driver look like?
- What if I get sick on the road and am no longer able to drive?
- What is the average length of load? What is the average number of miles per trip?
- What is the company policy on driving in unsafe conditions?
- What is the company policy regarding hours spent driving per day?
- What is the passenger policy? The pet policy?
- What is the ratio of driver managers or load planners to drivers?
- What is your home-time policy?
- What kind of freight do you haul?
- What qualities do you need to be a truck driver?
- What types of trucks does the company use? How old are they?
- What’s the best thing about working for the company?
- When can I start working?
- Who do I need to reach out to if I need help on the road?
If you’re not quite ready to apply and would like to talk to a recruiter, fill out our driver job inquiry form. A recruiter will be happy to contact you to answer any questions. Apply online today. Halvor Lines has good-paying truck driving jobs!
How To Become A Driver
OTR Finishing Program
"Feel like family"
“Here I’m not a number. They make me feel like family. I can walk into somebody’s office and they say ‘hey Dawn, how are you doing? How’s your day going?”
new owner operator