Drivers: send us your photos from the road!
Are you a Halvor driver who loves to take photographs of the places you visit? If your answer is yes, make sure to enter your photos in the annual Halvor Lines calendar contest.
You can submit as many photos as you like each year, there are just a few simple rules to follow:
- Photos must be horizontal
- They need to include your Halvor Lines truck and trailer
- They need to be at least 1 MB in size
- They must be submitted prior to the annual deadline – this year Friday, Sept. 1, 2023.
Beyond that, here are a few other tips for making your photo a contender:
- Pay attention to the background – mountains, rivers, and forests make great backgrounds; so do well-staged photos shot at customer sites, like the ones pictured here.
- Speaking of the background, is it “clean”? Watch for power poles, signs, or other objects that distract from the truck and setting.
- Are your truck and trailer clean? Your truck won’t always be spotless if you’re shooting on the road, but submitting photos of clean trucks is going to make it more likely you’re picture will be chosen.
While a stand-alone shot of a truck and trailer is generally your best bet for winning a spot on the calendar, creative shots that include Halvor Lines trucks and trailers in unique settings also make their way into the calendar, like these shots:
Finally, think about the seasons. If you’re looking for an edge, stunning winter shots are always in short supply. And if you can capture spring flowers or fall colors, that’s always eye-catching.
Submit your photos to Mary Bode at email@example.com.
How To Become A Driver
OTR Finishing Program
“Halvor’s support gave me the confidence to succeed. I control my own destiny and have taken my career to the next level thanks to their support.”