Become a Trainer in Just 12 Weeks
Looking to fast-track your new professional driving career? Become a trainer with our Halvor Gold CDL Training program.
We can get you training – and earning and additional 15 cents per mile — in just 12 weeks. Here’s how it works:
- Complete the first phase of our paid Halvor Gold CDL Training, which is a federally approved ELDT program.
- Pass your CDL exam.
- Spend 3-4 weeks training with a Halvor Lines trainer.
- Follow training with 8-9 weeks of team driving (most often with the same Halvor driver trainer).
- Establish a solid record for safety, productivity and other items on Halvor’s driver performance scorecard.
- Demonstrate a desire to share your knowledge and set new drivers up for success.
Want some time solo before becoming a trainer? No worries!
Many of our trainers get a year or more of driving under their belt before becoming trainers. If that’s your path, we encourage you to take it. When you decide you’re ready to learn more about a career in driver training, we’ll be here for you!
Questions? Contact one of our recruiters.
Our Halvor Lines recruiters can answer more specific questions about our trainee-to-trainer program. Contact them today!
How To Become A Driver
OTR Finishing Program
“I’m independent by nature. Driving for Halvor lets me feel like my own boss, but with the perks of steady work and a good income.”